Greetings From Happy SmilesPublished 05/15/2013
Greetings everyone. Our hope in starting this blog is to offer our insights on interesting topics and trends in family dentistry as well as some insight into our philosophy on that same topic. If you are a parent, you may have noticed some rather dramatic changes in the industry over the past decade, especially for those who benefit from Medicaid dentistry. Access to dentistry, especially those depending on Medicaid, had lots to be desired. This was highlighted in the 2000 report Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General.
This report shined much-needed light on the “silent epidemic” of untreated oral disease — and affirmed the link between oral health and general health. A few years later in 2003, the government, health care providers and public health advocates released A National Call to Action to Promote Oral Health.
Many states responded to this government call to action by increasing funding for oral health. In addition, there was a concerted effort to find additional providers especially in under-served areas.
Since opening our first Happy Smiles office in Horn Lake in 2010, we’ve opened up two additional offices in Mississippi; Happy Smiles Tupelo in early 2012 and Happy Smiles Meridian in late 2012. We truly enjoy serving these communities and appreciate everyone that considers us their family dentist.
A few of us will be writing on this blog about a variety of subjects that will help you better understand who we are and help explain various topics related to children’s dentistry. Some of the topics will include possible side effects from poor oral health, explanation of changes to various insurance plans, and our philosophy on patient service and satisfaction just to name a few.
If there are any subjects you are interested in us discussing, please feel free to contact us. We’ll do our best to respond in a timely manner.
Happy Smiles Dentists are MS Licensed General Dentists
- There are currently no posts made in 2017/2018, please check back later!
- Dec. 2014 - Maximize Your Dental Benefits Before December 31st!
- Nov. 2014 - Why You Should Never Delay Dental Treatment
- Oct. 2014 - Teeth-Friendly Halloween Ideas
- Sept. 2014 - Are You Afraid of the Family Dentist?
- Aug. 2014 - Is Your Child Missing School Due To Dental Issues?
- July 2014 - Preventing & Treating Tooth Grinding (Bruxism)
- June 2014 - Summertime Snacks That Brighten Your Smile
- May 2014 - Health Problems Tied To Gum Disease
- Apr. 2014 - About Dental Sedation & Tips
- Mar. 2014 - What Parents Should Know About Fluoride
- Feb. 2014 - Children's Dental Health Month
- Dec. 2013 - 7 New Year’s Resolutions For A Healthier Smile
- Nov. 2013 - Use Your Dental Insurance Before The New Year
- Oct. 2013 - Halloween Tips For Treats
- Sept. 2013 - Baby Tooth Decay: It's Possible & Preventable
- Aug. 2013 - Help Your Child Overcome Fear Of Dentists
- July 2013 - Dental Sealants: What Parents Should Know
- June 2013 - Toddler Teeth Brushing: 6 Fun Tips!
- May 2013 - Greetings From Happy Smiles